Saturday, October 20, 2012

windows service couldn’t be started

A few days back while working on a windows service, I used below line for debugging purpose:

System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch();

This line worked fine and I got my service debugged. Then I tried to deploy service on our server machine. I used below two commands for installing my service

InstallUtil.exe -i 
NET START

InstallUtil worked fine but when I fired NET START, it failed saying, service couldn’t be started. I didn’t have any proper explanation of this but by hit and trial I found that line I used for diagnosing (System.Diagnostics.Debugger.Launch()) was creating problem somehow, I just commented that line and everything just worked fine.

If you have some windows service that is having some trouble in starting, then try to check this case.

Thanks.

About Me

My photo
Delhi, India
Fun, music, travel and nature loving, always smiling, computer addict!!